Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Ups & Downs of Parenthood

Have been so busy last weekend and worrisome, mainly due to Jovin's illness. Last Sun, she was down with stomach flu which she last gotten in 2006. I was so worried for her when she vomitted milk and subsequently even water. James rushed him to the Bishan clinic as the usual PD clinic we visit is not open on Sun. Jovin couldn't take in food that day, but my heart really pained when I saw her so hungry and requesting for milk. However, doctor advised us to refrain her from drinking milk till her symptoms subside. James left Jovin with my mum that day as stomach flu is contagious. We were worried Jovan might get it. Ever since Jovan last developed bronchitis and got infected through Jovin, we really didn't dare to take anymore risks. For Sun nite, we left Jovin in my mum-in-law's good hands. Though I really don't bear to, but I thought this would benefit both my kids. Mon, Jovin recovered and she was her usual active self, regaining her appetite. It was a great relief to me. As a mother of 2 kids, I really understood the pains that parents have to undergo. We have to worry constantly for our kids. When Jovan was down, James and I were rushing around to bring him to PDs, reviews etc. When Jovin was down, we were worried too if her stomach flu would worsen, how would it affect her appetite etc. Thousands of worries and uncertaintly was in my mind. When Jovan recovered, we were so happy. However, weeks later, our little Jovin was down too. Not easy to be parents. Our wish is for both our 'Js' to be healthy happy little growing kiddies. No matter how much James and I will undergo, we feel that all is worth it as long as our kids are happy. Kids are priceless gifts to the parents, I agree....

No comments: