Thursday, July 14, 2011
After 22 years......
It has been a good 22 years since I graduated from Pei Chun. It's time I dig out my primary school report book and looking back at the teachers' comments, grades etc, really flashed back much memories.
On Monday, once again, I stepped into the school grounds together with dear, Jovan and of course my princess Jovin. Time really flies. It's time for P1 regstration for children born in 2005 and I really can't believe my dearest princess is going to attend Primary 1 next year!
Dear took half day and I left for little 'J's school straight after my lessons to fetch them. We then drove to Pei Chun. The school has expanded so much over the years till I almost couldn't recognise but looking at the once familiar canteen vendors (one of them has been operating for 40 years!), hall, garden etc, really brought back much fond memories of my primary school days. I took a look at the staff organisational chart and saw some familiar faces as some of my primary schoolmates have become teachers here!
Registration process was very smooth and we took the opportunity to tour the school. I explained to Jovin and dear my school ground and even showed Jovin my name which is inscribed on the board for 'Past Outstanding Pupils of the Year'. Dear and Jovin were surprised to see my name in the year 1989, hehe that was really a long time back but Jovin was really proud of mummy.
I believe we would now be making more frequent trips to Pei Chun especially from 2012 onwards. Luckily the vacany is already secured for my little Jovin, and of course for my little Jovan in years to come. Saves me the trouble of doing volunteering jobs or cracking my brains to secure P1 slots. Really tough being parents nowadays. Dear was so thankful to me that I saved him from the P1 headache which many of his friends are facing too, haha.
Well, now looking forward to P1's orientation and of course intensive P1 preparation for my princess!
On Monday, once again, I stepped into the school grounds together with dear, Jovan and of course my princess Jovin. Time really flies. It's time for P1 regstration for children born in 2005 and I really can't believe my dearest princess is going to attend Primary 1 next year!
Dear took half day and I left for little 'J's school straight after my lessons to fetch them. We then drove to Pei Chun. The school has expanded so much over the years till I almost couldn't recognise but looking at the once familiar canteen vendors (one of them has been operating for 40 years!), hall, garden etc, really brought back much fond memories of my primary school days. I took a look at the staff organisational chart and saw some familiar faces as some of my primary schoolmates have become teachers here!
Registration process was very smooth and we took the opportunity to tour the school. I explained to Jovin and dear my school ground and even showed Jovin my name which is inscribed on the board for 'Past Outstanding Pupils of the Year'. Dear and Jovin were surprised to see my name in the year 1989, hehe that was really a long time back but Jovin was really proud of mummy.
I believe we would now be making more frequent trips to Pei Chun especially from 2012 onwards. Luckily the vacany is already secured for my little Jovin, and of course for my little Jovan in years to come. Saves me the trouble of doing volunteering jobs or cracking my brains to secure P1 slots. Really tough being parents nowadays. Dear was so thankful to me that I saved him from the P1 headache which many of his friends are facing too, haha.
Well, now looking forward to P1's orientation and of course intensive P1 preparation for my princess!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment