I tend to develop a soft spot for photo-taking. Last SMARTKIDS Fair which we visited in March, we visited a studio photo booth and got their complimentary studio session vouchers. There we are, ended up making appointments and willingly walked into the trapped again haha....
Essence Studios emphasizes on natural essence within each family. So we brought all our most intimate stuff from clothing , toys, love tokens etc as the photographers just wanted the final product to be something that's really close to our heart. Despite the previous studio shoot experiences which we have had, this was definitely the most fun and hilarious session which we ever had.
We played more through games, piggy backing our little 'J's, competing with each other, kids played with their favourite possession Ben-10 and Princess Barbie collection etc. We even had so much fun while changing into the various outfits. The 2 photographers were very child friendly and the kids love them, so the shots turn out to be very natural. At the end of the session, they made us feel very comfortable, treated us to the kids' favourite Ribena drinks and great snacks.
Dear and I went for the viewing session at an exclusive studio room with their Creative director who really made us feel at ease, not subjecting us to any pressure. We felt like some great movie stars, booked the whole studio, watching the slide show while enjoying hot cuppa. We love the shots, even though they weren't edited. It has always been a challenge to capture Jovan's innocent smiles and expressions but the photographers did it with his most prized Ben-10 collection!
As for Jovin, she looks real sweet and demure in her pink princess gown and tiara, while transforms into a rock star dance queen in her boots outfit, real cool! I also love one of the couple shots which I thought that was one of the best shots ever done since our wedding in 2005. ( It was indeed proven right as I received so much 'Like' comments after I published the photo in FB!)
So dear and I decided to buy some of their shots since we are going to shift house soon, shall take it as part of furnishing costing hehe... It was pricey indeed but seeing the quality and finishings, we decided to place our order! The soft copies arrived in time as my birthday present! As for the 3 unique frames to be placed in our living room in future, shall wait patiently till a month later.....
Dear was actually complaining and ranting before we went for the shoot, but now he too agreed that it's really a fun session. Most importantly, they captured the true essence of the 'J' family spirit!
No comments:
Post a Comment