Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Long Distance MRT Ride!

Hurray, it's another Friday! This means I can look forward to the next 2 rest days again. Usually, we will dine out as a family on Fri evenings. However, James had to be stationed at the Women's Fair at Expo Centre this evening which meant our plan fell through. However, the great mummy of Jovin (Hehe, which is me!) took up the great challenge of bringing Jovin to meet Daddy James all the way from Ang Mo Kio to Expo by MRT! Can u imagine the long distance? Intially, I was apprehensive too but I really had nothing much to do either on a Fri evening, so thought of letting Jovin enjoy the MRT ride since she hardly has such opportunities as we usually travel by car.

The whole ride took almost an hour. Having to cope with Jovin, the buzzy crowd at peak hours, changing MRT at City Hall /Tanah Merah interchange with NO PRAM was indeed no easy feat, but I did it! I'm lucky to have many considerate passengers along the way who offered to help me with carrying my bag, putting my milk bottles in the bag etc. Jovin was entertained throughout the whole journey with the scenery outside MRT, passengers & of course not forgetting her favourite snack, bread!

James & his colleagues were so happy to see us, especially my darling James. He was so touched I brought Jovin all the way to meet him. Had a quick browse thru' at the women's fair. Guess what? They sold kids apparel there at VERY reasonable prices. So that's how I ended up buying 2 sets of dresses for my little princess again..... Around 8p.m, James & I had our dinner at a Macau restaurant. The Portuguese fish spagetthi was excellent! Thumbs Up!

Erm, that's how our Fri evening ended. Jovin has enjoyed herself tremendously on the MRT ride & I'm sure she does look forward to me bringing her on such rides again. Well, at least, this is a good prelude to our impending Genting coach ride in Nov. Well, gotta sign off now, tonite will have sweet dreams about our trip to Chinese Garden tomorrow nite. Yup, the House of 'Js' will be going to Chinese Garden tomorrow evening, & Jovin will be carrying her Hello Kitty Lantern (Mummy bought her one last week) ! Can't wait for tomorrow to come.......

No comments: