Sunday, June 21, 2009
Jovin's mid term report card!
On Fri, I hurried to Jovin's school after work as it was Parents Day for the issue of her report card. I was one of the earliest, thus there's no need to queue for long before I get to meet her lanuguage teachers. The progress report showed a detailed breakdown of Jovin's learning progress in terms of speech, alphabet writing, attentiveness etc. One glance at the report reflected our girl is coping well in class. Both teachers reflected she's able to communicate well and is able to keep up with the learning pace.
Jovin sat quietly with me throughout the session, acting so demure and well-behaved as though she was aware teachers are 'telling tales' to mummy, hehe. Jovin's Chinese teacher commented she shows keener learning interest in English compared to Chinese as she always replies in English when posed a question in Chinese. Well, this may be due to the fact James and I usually speak to her in English, though we do include Chinese and our parents usually communicate with Jovin in Mandarin too.
Jovin impressed me when she read 3 short stories in front of me. Intially, I thought she merely memorised the words from the story books. However, as I changed the sequence by writing the words on another piece of paper, she could cleverly pronounce all the words and sentences! This was really unexpected as she usually only managed to recognise the words through flash cards but not reading proper sentences. I am indeed impressed at her remarkable achievement in this aspect.
One interesting unknown fact that teachers revealed was that, teachers commented Jovin would be obedient if they threaten to call Daddy when she misbehaves. Haha, never known Daddy's power was so intimidating..... Another interesting fact was, Jovin prefers playing with boys to girls! Hehe, perhaps, that's under influence of Jovan?
Overall comments given was: Jovin is a pleasant and well-behaved girl. Her learning progress is above her peers. Pays attention in class. Keep it up!
Hmmm... very satisfied with my princess's report card. Thus, bought her a baby bop soft toy as a reward. Well done, my little princess. Daddy and Mummy are happy to see you enjoying class and making remarkable progress by the days. Keep it up :)
Jovin sat quietly with me throughout the session, acting so demure and well-behaved as though she was aware teachers are 'telling tales' to mummy, hehe. Jovin's Chinese teacher commented she shows keener learning interest in English compared to Chinese as she always replies in English when posed a question in Chinese. Well, this may be due to the fact James and I usually speak to her in English, though we do include Chinese and our parents usually communicate with Jovin in Mandarin too.
Jovin impressed me when she read 3 short stories in front of me. Intially, I thought she merely memorised the words from the story books. However, as I changed the sequence by writing the words on another piece of paper, she could cleverly pronounce all the words and sentences! This was really unexpected as she usually only managed to recognise the words through flash cards but not reading proper sentences. I am indeed impressed at her remarkable achievement in this aspect.
One interesting unknown fact that teachers revealed was that, teachers commented Jovin would be obedient if they threaten to call Daddy when she misbehaves. Haha, never known Daddy's power was so intimidating..... Another interesting fact was, Jovin prefers playing with boys to girls! Hehe, perhaps, that's under influence of Jovan?
Overall comments given was: Jovin is a pleasant and well-behaved girl. Her learning progress is above her peers. Pays attention in class. Keep it up!
Hmmm... very satisfied with my princess's report card. Thus, bought her a baby bop soft toy as a reward. Well done, my little princess. Daddy and Mummy are happy to see you enjoying class and making remarkable progress by the days. Keep it up :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment