Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 01, 2011

Holiday shows!



Year-end school holidays are here again! Usually in Dec, House of 'J's do not have any overseas travelling plans as daddy is not used to the idea of travelling in coldness. So apart from family chalet and a short stint at Genting, we would just stay local and bring our kids around.



This is the time of the year where major shopping malls will organise holiday shows with the kids' favourite casts like Pokemon, Power Rangers, Barbie etc. My first 'mission' commenced on Tuesday at Junction 8. Single-handledly, I brought my little 'J's and started queing for the meet-and-greet Barbie session. Jovan and I were merely accompanying our princess. Luckily I had I-pad and tidbits ready for Jovan's standby use so I didn't have much problems during the 1 hour queue.



Although it was a weekday, the queue was already very long. Before the session, there was a Q&A session and Jovin was so lucky to be chosen again. I couldn't even help her with the answer as the questions were from the movie Barbie Princess Charm School. I was so surprised that she was able to answer it correctly and she won herself a Barbie tote bag ( the same tote bag which she already had!) After which, the meet-and-greet-session commenced and Jovin went up the stage herself for the photo-taking session.

However, a small episode happened on the way home. Jovin's usual forgetfulness and carelessness set in once again. She forgot her newly won tote bag with her EZ-link card that was within it in the bus. Of course, she was severely reprimanded by me as this was not her first time. As a punishment,  I told her to remove $15 from her piggy-bank and returned the money to my mum who has just topped up $15 in her EZ-link card the day before. On top of that, one star was struck from her rewards list ( A reward system has been set in place for Jovin such that she would get a small present whenever she accumulates 10 stars). We hope that this should serve as a penalty warning for our girl and make her realise the importance of accountability and responsibility for one's things.

Kids really antagonise us parents at times. I asked dear why I took so much effort to queue and 'waste' my time. In the end, she lost her EZ-link card and made me so furious because of her forgetfulness. What do I stand to gain? Of course I got nothing but anger in return but still, I had no qualms doing it and am very sure will still do these silly things again. I'm sure dear won't do that but I am clueless why I still go ahead bringing my kids to shows, accompanying them for long hours queues etc. Guess this is the power of motherhood. Their smiles bring me satisfaction :)

No comments: