Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Jovin's first day!

Home internet has been encountering connection problems for the past 2 weeks, thus unable to update the blog regularly.....

Still recall Jovin's first day of school.....















Decided not to take leave as we have already briefed and familarised Jovin with the necessary procedures during the December orientation. Moreover, the school didn't allow parents to accompany or even take a sneak peep at our beloved little ones during recess time, so dear and I decided to let our dearest Jovin attend Primary school all by herself ( Well, due to my work nature, not very viable to take leave on the first day of school too..) But my mum was not so 'heartless' after all as she still accompanied Jovin to take the school bus.
Dear and I decided to give our princess a surprise by fetching her directly from school. Remember vividly what my girl told me the night before ' Mummy, u must come and fetch me from school cos u are the first person I want to see.' First day of school was really extremely tiring... Perhaps couldn't get used to the hectic packed schedule after such a long break... Nonetheless, as a mother, I need to abide by my promise so I made my way all the way to Toa Payoh to fetch Jovin. Dear happened to call me and decided to knock off earlier that day just to chauffer our dearest princess that day.

At 5.50p.m, we went to Jovin's school bus and saw her waiting together with other school mates. She was thrilled when she saw her dearest daddy and mummy! Our princess was so excited, told her she spent 60 cents, bought chicken rice and showed us the remaining 40 cents in her Barbie wallet. Jovin also proudly told me that she did remember my instructions and packed her belongings all into her Barbie pink trolley bag. As we walked past the canteen, we bought her a packet of tidbits to reward her for being so obedient.
When we reached home, she excitedly showed me her diary, then wrote down 2 simple sentences what happened in her school today ( Hehe... Jovin is supposed to write diary-2 simple sentences....my way of building up her English foundation  as well as getting an insight into her daily school life). In her first day of diary, she clearly wrote ' I made 3 new friends. I enjoyed the lesson.' Through the simple sentences, I taught her the usage of simple past and present tense. This strategy is indeed effective as she now makes fewer mistakes on the usage of past and present tenses.

Dear and I are really glad to see Jovin adapting herself well to the new Primary school life. Now, with spelling, book review and an average of 4-6 pages of homework everyday on top of her abacus enrichment class workload, Jovin is still managing well. We hope our dearest princess will continue to stay jovial in her school life. All the way, Jovin!

No comments: