Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 13, 2013

School's out! Fun's in!





Yes, it's finally the Jun school hols when I busy schedule half-yearly gatherings with my khakis, catch up with my TVB serials, and of course not forgetting entertaining my little 'J's with the various activities. Thus far, I've brought them to several places all by myself during weekdays and enrolled both for some holiday programmes. Both attended a 3-day Chinese half-day camp at Bishan CC which they learnt more tounge twisters, poetry recital and story-telling. This was conducted by ex-radio DJs and they were able to recite what they learnt in class above what they've been learning at Hokkien Huay Kuan. I'm glad both inherited my genes in Chinese hehe...




As usual, I brought the kids to some meet and greet and stage shows both at Marina Square and City Square. We met the Angry Birds and Jovan volunteered to 'help' the magician at the show in City Square.



He was a bit shy but still 'performed' well though under guidance by the magician. It was his debut performance. Dear and I were happy to see that he summoned enough courage to go on stage alone which he had never done it before. Compared to Jovin, he's more timid but we now see him slowly overcoming his fear. Good job, Jovan! He even won for himself a stationery set which he was so proud of. I also brought them to the Bookfair at Suntec and to my surprise, both cooperated rather well and sat down long to read the books of their choices. We brought some old books for the book exchange programme and exchanged 3 books in return. Hmm, both chose 3 Chinese books and not English! Very encouraging sight!

 



Last Saturday, we went for our first show 'The Enormous Turnip'! It was my first attempt bringing them to such drama productions as the story has been familiar to the kids, so I thought they may love the performance. True enough, our little 'J's found the revised plot so hilarious and couldn't stop laughing at certain scenes. Hmm, guess it was daddy who didn't really enjoy as I caught him dozing off. Well, what matters most is our children enjoy hehe... However, it was a pity Jovan was 'scared' of one of the main casts and refused to join us for the group photo shoot. Sigh....



Jovin just ended her 3-day Maths and Science workshop conducted at her school which was held daily from 9-4p.m. She even went to the Qianhu Fish Farm and is currently in the process of penning down her memories of what took place these 3 days. Looking forward to her story....





As Jovin attended the workshop, there was exclusive mummy and son time, so I brought Jovan around   and we really had fun, met up with daddy at City Hall for lunch, followed by napping at home! Really felt so well-rested these few days.



Another 'achievement' was none other than 'imparting' some basic culinary skills to Jovin. She helped me prepare dinner these few days so daddy could return home to enjoy a 'feast' of home-cooked dishes ( hehe.. limited to only Jun & Dec holidays). Below is a sample of one of our meals!
Decided to train Jovin so that she can relieve me of more chores hehe....



Now, busy with luggage packing as we are leaving this Saturday for Taiwan again! Hmm, the packer needs to get into action. So excited..... Will be going for 7D6N this time round and dear is doing all the route planning now as I just dictate to him where the kids and I want to go haha.... When we are back, will be going to Legoland Malaysia another round but with my family this time. Gonna be lots of fun before we return to the harsh cruelty in July. So, will play to the max for now! However, there's one more mission to complete as promised to Jovan before we leave on Saturday... Stay tuned for my updates!

No comments: