Monday, July 22, 2013
Work-Life Balance?
Many friends comment I am a super mum. Even my colleagues said that. Well, however there's times when I really feel like giving up and go along with dear's decision to become a stay-home mum to my little 'J's. This only happens when I am truly weary and face a serious shortage of sleep hours which has been happening this Jul.
Ever since school reopens this Jul, I've been bogged down by loads of taskings. When I'm home, I gotta find time with my darling little 'J's, settle simple household chores etc. What has become of me? I find myself fire-fighting day after day, without ample hours of rest. I sleep past midnight during weekdays and wake up at 6a.m. When I could afford an hour of afternoon nap, I couldn't go into sleep mode! The moment I close my eyes, lots of question marks related to work and kids surface in my mind. I could never go to sleep almost immediately like dear. Really can't understand how he can do it?
Someone told me recently I spend too much time on work. Perhaps I'm too perfectionist. Being meticulous may have 'killed' me instead. Yes indeed, it 'killed' my hours of sleep...No amount of SKII can bring back my lost vigour and youth.....Dear also commented I tend to worry too much. The year of snake has passed 6 months. I'm now moving onto the next phase in 2013. In career, I've made an important decision. Regardless of the final outcome, just hope everything turns out well for me and I really need to achieve a real work-life balance!
Ever since school reopens this Jul, I've been bogged down by loads of taskings. When I'm home, I gotta find time with my darling little 'J's, settle simple household chores etc. What has become of me? I find myself fire-fighting day after day, without ample hours of rest. I sleep past midnight during weekdays and wake up at 6a.m. When I could afford an hour of afternoon nap, I couldn't go into sleep mode! The moment I close my eyes, lots of question marks related to work and kids surface in my mind. I could never go to sleep almost immediately like dear. Really can't understand how he can do it?
Someone told me recently I spend too much time on work. Perhaps I'm too perfectionist. Being meticulous may have 'killed' me instead. Yes indeed, it 'killed' my hours of sleep...No amount of SKII can bring back my lost vigour and youth.....Dear also commented I tend to worry too much. The year of snake has passed 6 months. I'm now moving onto the next phase in 2013. In career, I've made an important decision. Regardless of the final outcome, just hope everything turns out well for me and I really need to achieve a real work-life balance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment