Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Monday, August 05, 2013

A date with sushi!






Upon an exclusive invitation from Junction 8, I signed up for a sushi-making parent-child activity with Jovin. On 27 Jul, Joivn and I excitedly attended the event. Dear was busy snapping continuous shots of the clumsy mother-daughter pair, haha. How about Jovan? He was entertaininghimself happily in the nearby playground at the rooftop area under my mum's supervision when the activity was conducted.

There were only 20 pairs allocated for each of the 3 sessions throughout the weekend. There were pizzas, cupcakes and sushi to choose from and we decided upon sushi as that's our favourite among the 3! It was both our FIRST time and we followed through the chef's step-by-step demo in great detail, fearing we would miss any steps and end up without any 'edible' sushi.....



The process was fun and smooth, especially when there were expertises around to salvage the situation. There was a situation when the 2 of us happily placed the entire tuna mayo filling onto the Nori sheet and we couldn't roll the sushi as a result. All the filling oozed out of the sheet, haha. That teaches us not to be too greedy..... So the kind assistants rushed to our excuse and there we are, having edible and presentable looking sushi!





It took us merely 45 minutes to complete the sushi-making process. Jovin and I had so much fun and guess what? Dear and I only managed to 'grab' one maki each and our little 'J's actually whipped up all the makis in a flash! Jovan and Jovin actually fought over the last piece of maki that I had to divide it into half! It was truly hilarious.....





I really love such parent-child bonding activities. Looking forward to more similar activities so that we can sign up daddy-son pair too!

No comments: