Sunday, November 02, 2008
Teachers - Parents Session!
Yesterday morning was an interesting session for me. I experienced another aspect of parenthood. I attended Jovin's Meet-The-Parents Session. It was a lazy drizzling morning. So tempting to stay in the cosy bed since it was a weekend. However, for the sake of my girl, decided to forgo the bed comfort. Both Jovin and Jovan were still soundly asleep when James and I left. James dropped me at the school on his way to work and I realised so many parents actually made an effort to attend the session. We were already informed of the agenda beforehand, like increase in school fees, new uniforms, new curriculum etc. Well, Jovin will be N2 next year, so will be required to put on uniform. Her teachers commented the kids in nursery classes love to compare their clothing like Barney, Bob the builder character etc. So it's essential they need to put on uniform next year to avoid attention-divert.
We took a peek at next year's curriculum which included computer-teaching aids as well as introduction of phonics etc. Jovin's language teachers commented she's a reserved and quiet girl at class but is very quick-witted and learns at a much faster pace than her peers. I almost fell off the chair on the comments on reservedness. Oh my! She's so outspoken at home, dance and sing, acts like a tyrant at home. What's more, when we meet strangers in the lift or elsewhere, she would always greet people with her signature smile and say Hello Uncle / Auntie. James was equally appalled when I told him teacher's comments on our girl. However, I believe she has the fear and respect for teachers in school. So, she's a 2-sided person who knows how to react accordingly haha! Street-smart!
I saw Jovin's artwork displays too and her colouring works. It was a great interacting seesion between teachers and parents.At least we get to receive feedback on our girl's performance at school and at the same time, we could provide pointers to enhance the school's curriculum too. It's essential that we need to work in conjunction with the school's teaching efforts before we can groom Jovin. Will attempt more effort in spending my quality time with the 2 kids in frequent story - telling and flash card sessions, especially more available time now cos I've gotten a part-time maid to relieve me of the chore work (Hehe, finally persuaded James :)). Looking forward to growing up with my 2 little 'Js'!
We took a peek at next year's curriculum which included computer-teaching aids as well as introduction of phonics etc. Jovin's language teachers commented she's a reserved and quiet girl at class but is very quick-witted and learns at a much faster pace than her peers. I almost fell off the chair on the comments on reservedness. Oh my! She's so outspoken at home, dance and sing, acts like a tyrant at home. What's more, when we meet strangers in the lift or elsewhere, she would always greet people with her signature smile and say Hello Uncle / Auntie. James was equally appalled when I told him teacher's comments on our girl. However, I believe she has the fear and respect for teachers in school. So, she's a 2-sided person who knows how to react accordingly haha! Street-smart!
I saw Jovin's artwork displays too and her colouring works. It was a great interacting seesion between teachers and parents.At least we get to receive feedback on our girl's performance at school and at the same time, we could provide pointers to enhance the school's curriculum too. It's essential that we need to work in conjunction with the school's teaching efforts before we can groom Jovin. Will attempt more effort in spending my quality time with the 2 kids in frequent story - telling and flash card sessions, especially more available time now cos I've gotten a part-time maid to relieve me of the chore work (Hehe, finally persuaded James :)). Looking forward to growing up with my 2 little 'Js'!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment