Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, February 27, 2009

5,4,3,2,1....Happy 1st Birthday Jovan!

Last year this time, I am already in delivery ward, anxiously and eagerly awaiting our prince Jovan's arrival. Time really flies.... 28 Feb 09 is just round the corner and my boy will turn exactly 1 year old by 28 Feb 2009 0029 hours!

Still remembered James was still taking video shots of me when my contractions hadn't really kicked in yet. Only around 11.45p.m, when the nurses finished setting up the necessary equipment like foetal heartbeat monitor, laughing gas etc, strong and unbearable contractions started kicking in and I wasn't in the least mood to joke with hubby then. I considered myself very fortunate for both pregnancies as both my 'Js' were cooperative enough and gave me a short torturous time. First delivery of 3 hours is already considered a feat. Jovan came out in merely 45 mins, which was even more remarkable. I remembered my strength was really overpowering and 3 nurses were in the ward to prevent me from moving too much as I pushed Jovan out. Remarkably, he came out in merely 2 pushes! Still remembered the first thing I asked hubby was ' Dear, a boy rite?' Hehe....

Many envied me for having such short deliveries and I didn't experience any nauseous feeling throughout for both pregnancies. I was seldom on mc and could move around freely despite the bulging weight gain in the advanced part. The best part of pregnancy was, I could eat freely and enjoy whatever I liked. Being very figure conscious, I am rather diet-abidding when I am not pregnant. Thus, being pregnant gives me the freedom of eating foods like fried kway teow, chicken rice etc. Of course, common pregnancy aliments like fatigue, weight gain is definitely ineveitable. But, being treated like a queen is shiok :) Nonetheless, I managed to shake off the excess weight gain. Back to stricter diets now but rewarded with a lovely pair of kids.

For the past year, Jovan has defintiely brought me much joy and happiness above what Jovin has given me. His learning pace in speech is relatively slower than jiejie, but he picks up skills like bottle-holding, straw-drinking much faster than jiejie. Now, he's still learning how to walk. Only 1-2 steps and he gives up. Hmmm, looks like boys are really more impatient than girls. But, Jovan is closer and stickier to me compared to Jovin too. Whenever he sees me, he would prefer me to his daddy. Poor James, gotta work harder at father-son bonding.

Tomorrow, we are going to hold a birthday celebration for our prince with our close friends and family members. I believe the video and photo shots will relive him of the memories as he grows older and look back at these shots. My greatest wish for my dear prince is to build up a stronger body resistance. stay healthy and dear as always.

Happy 1st Birthday, my dearest Jovan!

No comments: