Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 17, 2010

A memorable 5th year wedding anniversary



I really had an enjoyable night. Today, 16 Jan 2010 marks our 5th wedding anniversary. Time passes by in a flash. 5 years ago, 16 Jan 05, James and I came together as one in the presence of all our relatives and friends. 5 years today, we welcomed our beloved little 'J's!

Dear brought me to the Esplanade. We wanted to celebrate with the kids as we thought it's an ocassion which their presence should be felt. We had hawkerfare the Makansutra @ DXO Central in the Esplanade area. We had satay, fried hokkien mee, BBQ chicken wings haha. The kids enjoyed eating the food with us and we were seated at a breezy location, so we had an enjoyable dinner.





We then took a stroll along the esplanade which relived our wedding shoot memories as one of our outdoow wedding shoots was at the Esplanade! Told dear I still remembered the stairs, the durian shell at which we posed etc. We really had a good time as we talked about it and shared with Jovin. We brought the kids to the Merlion area and they were excited when they saw the fountain. Too bad we didn't have a chance to take photo at that spot as it was packed with people. We soon strolled back and dear suggested going to MOF for some dessert. We ordered Ice Matcha and Azuki (Red bean) with some baked mochi which we found the taste rather interesting. That was the first time we had baked mochi, found it a novel concept :)





I loved the last part of the programme when we brought the kids to Pan Pacific Hotel where we held our wedding banquet. We took photos where Jovin helped daddy and mummy to take so many loving shots and she was the one who suggested our poses like kissing, hugging haha! We told her it was this place where daddy and mummy got married 5 years ago and we actually revisited the Ocean Ballroom. There happened to be a wedding dinner tonite and the layout just seemed so familiar, like yesterday. What's most important, Jovin knew today is a very special day to daddy and mummy and she even 'created' opportunities for us to hold hands as she volunteered to push the pram haha . As for Jovan, still too young though to explain to him :)



Walking around these old spots really relived dear and my wedding memories. I'm glad we are still as close as before and we never forget the wedding vows we once swore to each other. Of course, dear never forgot and still trying his very best to fulfill all the 15 wedding commandments he signed on 16 Jan 05. From couple to husband/wife to parents, we've been through much together. Marriage is really a long-life committment which takes two parties to cooperate. I'm glad I've found a life-long partner in me who is willing to share my woes and burdens whenever I need since JC days. I know he's not the perfect man but at least I know he's still the loving man I once loved and will always do. Thanks for the unyielding support, my dearest hubby :)

No comments: