Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Friday, May 27, 2011

Universal Studios!



Tuesday was my first visit to the Universal Studios Singapore. Last time, I was merely taking shots from the exterior as we felt little 'J's were too young for most of the rides. This time round, I 'abandoned' my dearest 'J's and went on this exciting excursion with my NIE mates on a weekday. The feeling of enjoying and playing on a weekday is really exhilarating!



Well, the majority of my NIE mates are at least 10 years younger than me, so of course mostof them are really risk-takers. The first ride that we attempted was Cylon which was the horrendous 14th storey high suspended roller-coaster. As I looked from ground, the cylon is one that goes up and down with an intense corkscrew and a cobra roll. This was one of the world's tallest duelling roller coasters. The other was named as the 'Human' coaster, which was defnitely inhumane! It goes at a speed of 82.8km/h and goes up and down from 14 stories high too! My heart really popped out and felt as though I had committed suicide several times!

These 2 rides were almost queueless. Guess not many had the courage to go on the rides. It has really been long since I took such breath-taking rides. However, under intense peers' influence, I bravely stormed my way up the stairs together with the rest. As they shut the gutters, I started to feel the fear and anxiety. For both rides, I intially screamed like mad but Cylon was 'better' in the sense that there was a cushion which allowed me to grab close and felt more secure. I was left with no energy to shout towards second part of the ride. Just felt a bit giddy after the Cylon ride. Thinking 'human' ride should be more humane, but that was wrong perception. There was merely a safety bar and I had nothing to hold onto for security. What's worse was that, 'human' ride was going up and down at a height of 14stories, really scared the wits out of me... But I successfully conquered both rides nonetheless and I was really proud! The first thing I 'landed' safely was to call dear and told him "你的老婆已经死两次了!" Dear was really surprised when he learnt that I took the 'garang' rides!



We proceeded to the less intense rides but 'Revenge of the Mummy''s ride though less intense, was very jerky due to the many twists and turns in the dark. What's more,the feeling of 'committing suicide' was totally made unaware, so it was rather exciting too. We had fun on other rides like Jurassic Park Rapids where I was almost drenched due to my seating position. The deceiving ride was the 'Canopy Ride'. From the ground, it looked mild. We were strapped back to back and I was soooo lucky to be in the back position. We were moved from the land to high up in the sky when we suddently descented before we could realise anything. It was definitely not as what they have described the ride to be ' enjoy a pre-historic bird's eye-view of the park'. I needed time to catch my breath rather than enjoying the view.

Other enjoyable rides was the show at Shrek 4D Action theatre, water world show,watching the thunder, lighting effects at the Steven Spielberg's show, Magadascar leisure boat ride.



We settled for quick and most inexpensive lunch we could find at the food court. Well, only 3 choices, wanton noodles, chicken rice or malay cuisine each costing $10.50 for such normal hawker-fare food. Another highlight of the trip was that we managed to vchance upon most of the casts like Woody Pecker, Shrek and Princess Fiona, Puss in boots, Marilyn Moore etc. We really maximised the full use of our tix by staying throughout from 10a.m to 7p.m!

It has really been long since I last enjoyed myself so tremendously with all the youngsters haha! Most of my peers are parents like me, so even when we meet, we tend to bring our kids along and there's limitations to what we can really do. This time round, I really let myself went wild and did all the 'mission impossible' things! Really many thks to my NIE mates. Despite suffering from bruises, neckaches and backaches now (post-coaster syndrome, haha!), I still felt that the trip was definitely worth it.

Guess what? Jovin thought mummy went to work that day hehe... Ya dearie, mummy indeed went to work and worked so hard till I suffered from so many bruises hehe....

No comments: