Last Saturday was indeed an unforgettable & eventful day for Little Jovin. We enrolled Jovin for a weekend playgroup in Little Wiggles @ AMK Hub. It's conducted every Sat & lasts 1.5 hrs per session. I've actually been in active search for suitable playgroup for my little one taking into consideration location, timing etc. We decided to let Jovin have a try at Little Wiggles. The class starts at 1p.m & takes in a maximum capacity of 10 students who are all born in 2005. Jovin was the youngest but she's one of the tallest. Few kids were wailing even though parents were allowed to be there. As expected, our little Jovin was daring and sociable enough to go around making friends, playing toys etc. Think she's really inherited my genes hehe... There were 2 teachers - English & Chinese. The session included sing-a-long sesions, story-telling, puppet performance, toys playing, break time, toilet training etc. Jovin enjoyed the sing-along sessions best as she stood up and danced with the rest. Of course, her favourite moment was eating as well. She happily ate the biscuits and used the new water bottle I bought for her.
The most unforgettable moment was the flower-making session. Of course, what can u expect a 18 mth old to do? But I was already so touched when Jovin sat there attentively looking at the teacher as she did up the flower. She helped by applying some glitters on the flower. Really so happy that I got my 1st Mother's Day Present! Now the flower is proudly displayed in my office with the note stating 'Happy Mother's Day with Love From Jovin'.
James & I were glad that Jovin enjoyed the session. We just hope that she can have more interactive sessions with kids of similar age group. Moreover, with her outgoing nature, I guess she prefers going there to staying indoors. Out rationale is for her to enjoy learning as we do not want to see a miserable Jovin. We prefer to enrol Jovin in activities which she will enjoy rather than stressing her into doing something she doesn't want. We shall see what happens tomorrow, her 2nd lesson. If she continues to show positive response, we will continue to enrol her in the class. Believe it 's creative way of learning exposure for her as well :)