Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Thoughts on Jovin.....

My good pal, Vivian called to check why I haven't been updating my blog as I've been quite a consistent blog updater. Actually, these 3 weeks, I was staying at my mum's place (no access to internet), so that's the reason. Furthermore, it's the peak period at my work lately, so ususally I will go to bed rather early after work, even during weekends though I'm back at my sweet shelter.

Well, we have been rather low-key last few months i.e not going out often during weekends. Mainly due to my exhaustion and we really wanted to make use of the precious weekends for a good break. However, we feel that it's actually time worthwhile as we spent lots of valuable time with Jovin as a family at home through some of our activities. Jovin will soon be turning 2 by 30th Oct. I'm glad that she has made remarkable improvement in my eyes. She's toilet trained, learned proper hygiene habits like washing of hands, cleaning of her mouth after each meal, brushing her teeth twice a day, recognises many words etc. Last nite, when we were playing on the bed, we asked her how old she is and she answered readily '2' with 2 of her fingers. We were so delighted!

Many asked how I toilet-trained her. Guess needs coordination effort from my in-laws and myself and we gradually succeded since last few months. We tried to establish her sleeping routine so that she understands the activities are pre-bed activities, like brushing of teeth, reading bed-time stories, followed by watching the educational dvds and she will soon fall asleep by herself in the bed.

Last nite, as I was meddling with my PC, she sat on my lap and we were watching the video clips of her birth together. Hehe, she immediately went to drag James as well and we had lots of fun together. No doubt Jovin does antagonises me but her laughter and chuckles are enough to melt me.... That's my girl, Zhou Le Ling Jovin :)

No comments: