Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, February 21, 2010

CNY Visiting continues.....

This weekend, House of 'J's continues to be in the festive mood. We've had Chinese New Year visiting for the past 2 days. Angpow keeps rolling out from daddy and mummy's pockets but going into Little 'J's pockets....

Part 1: Sat 20 Feb 2010 - Ex ALD colleagues

Yesterday afternoon, my ex NSF boys and colleagues came to our house and it was a great get-together for the whole afternoon. They were my staff whom I really had great bonding relationship and they were always ever ready to help me when I worked in ALD. For the 4 NSFs, they were just like my younger brothers whom I often gave advice, chatted with and lunched with them, so we had an inexplicable sibling kind of relationship.




It was a great sharing session as most of them have ORDed and are studying now in uni. As for myself, it was a great opportunity catching up with my ex staff since I left in Dec 09 and they updated me what happened after I left. I switched on WII games for the young boys but I was rather unfamiliar as I hardly played. I was stuck with certain operating procedures and had to seek help from dear who was at work. However, never did I expect Jovin to be even more familiar than me and she actually told me where I should plug the switches, options etc. Haha, so embarassed and got teased by the boys.

As they played WII with Jovin, I had a great chat with the ladies. Only then did I realise Jovan had gone to sleep on the master bed by himself as he was too exhausted haha... My colleagues were amazed he could sleep by himself!We took some great shots before the majority left at 4p.m.



Before they left, Eugene wanted to take a shot with Jovin but Jovin was reluctant so he had to steal shots from her haha....2 of the NSFs Yuanhui and Boon Keng stayed behind till 6.30p.m and they played WII games with my princess. Jovin was very elated and told them to choose certain players, instructed them here and there. These 2 big brothers 'obediently' listened to my girl and guess what? Jovin actually won the sparring games haha!

It was a fun-filled afternoon and I plan to do this annually to maintain the bonding. Though I have left the organisation, I'm glad I have made invaluable friendship ties with this group of staff whom I hope our bonding will continue. Thks to Facebook :)

Part 2: Sun 21 Feb 2010 - Bernard & Wenshan's Place

This afternoon, we paid the newly crowned Mr and Mrs Ong a visit. Supposed to be 12p.m but as usual we were held up by the fussing over the kids. In the end, we reached around 1.20p.m and we even fed the kids porridge at their place. As most others couldn't make it, we were only waiting for Shufen's family.







This was our 2nd visit to their temporary love nest since their house would only be ready by next year. Jovan was intially cranky and didn't want anybody else except me. Slowly after he had his porridge feed with Jovin, he started to warm up with jiejie and 'attacked' the new year goodies on the table.



Shufen and Terence soon joined us with their little one Victor who was a little rat too like Jovan! Jovan ran up to him and both soon ended up at the coffee table playing with the mandarin oranges. Both were so adorable like a pair of brothers. We wanted to place the traditional cap on Victor's head but Jovan soon spotted it and snatched it back knowing it's his haha.



Shufen and Terence left first as they were leaving for the Pre-Natas fair and we took some group shots but it was really not easy managing the 3 kids especially Jovan and Victor. After they left, we stayed on and wanted to play another movie for Jovin. However, the 'UP' movie DVD seemed to have got stuck in the played and there was no way we could eject the disc. We joked that perhaps they would have to watch 'UP' forever unless they change DVD player haha.

Jovin was very cooperative and self-entertained herself by taking some plastic bags and pretending to go shopping. Dear and I just had to play along with her as she told us she's going shopping, taking a coach to KL etc. She was very busy wiping the coffee table and rearranging the CNY goodies too. Hmmm, can be a good domestic helper hehe... We played the card game ' Da lao-er' and it was so fun as though we returned to our younger days when we were in twenties.Jovan was sleeping soundly and Jovin was playing with Bernard's I-phone so we had peace. The 4 of us laughed and joked as we played.

We paused for a break in between and Bernard showed us a video clip during his 24th birthday chalet when we were so young and really laughed over heels over what we said.. We were cross-grilling Ber and Wen that time when they just got together in courtship and dear did so many stupid acts and made funny gross expressions which was truly unforgettable and relived our memories then. Jovin innocently asked us why she was not inside and all of us laughed haha....

We stayed till 5.30p.m before we left and we arranged to meet the rest of the SMU group aftr CNY for a get-together session. Really a tiring weekend and our programme continues next weekend as it coincides with Jovan's 2 year old birthday celebration. Counting down to the 2 mini heart-warming birthday celebrations we would be having for Jovan next weekend. Busy busy ahead.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful blog! I definitely love how it’s easy on my eyes and also the data are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I have subscribed to your rss feed which need to do the trick! Have a nice day!