Monday, July 02, 2012
Jovin's first tooth extraction!
Last Friday was a nightmare for our princess. At her age, many kids' teeth have started to fall one by one. But for Jovin, perhaps her teeth condition is too good, only 1 tooth fell off by itself so far. After we returned from Taiwan, I realised one of her front new tooth is erupting, yet the milk tooth is still as solid as ever. We initially brought Jovin to a private dentist before school reopens, but the dentist advised against extracting her tooth by force as she's still too young to use anesthetic.
So we waited till school reopens and told Jovin to visit the school dentist herself. However, our dear princess kept procrastinating fearing the extraction process. So dear decided to drive her to school last Friday and brought her to the dentist personally. Outcome? Our dear princess had to extract her milk front tooth by force, else the new tooth will not have enough room to grow. According to dear, Jovin held on so tightly to dear's hands when the dentist carried out th extraction. But she didn't cry, bravo!
After that, dear accompanied our dear princess till assembly time. Jovin's classmates showed much concern for her as they saw Jovin biting cotton wool in her mouth, unable to speak. Seeing Jovin settled down in the hall, dear then waved goodbye and left school.
At dismissal time, we went to fetch our princess. She was elated when she saw us. Thought she couldn't eat but guess what? She said she bought noodles for recess and was yearning to eat when she saw us. So, all was over! At night, she jotted down her first tooth extraction experience in her diary. It was indeed a scary experience for our princess. This was one of her sentences " I was very afraid of going to the dentist, so when I got there, I almost cried."
I'm proud of my little darling princess. I even kept the tooth to add onto my darling's 'FIRST' collections. I believe, all these items will serve as cherishable keepsake memories down the many years ahead.
So we waited till school reopens and told Jovin to visit the school dentist herself. However, our dear princess kept procrastinating fearing the extraction process. So dear decided to drive her to school last Friday and brought her to the dentist personally. Outcome? Our dear princess had to extract her milk front tooth by force, else the new tooth will not have enough room to grow. According to dear, Jovin held on so tightly to dear's hands when the dentist carried out th extraction. But she didn't cry, bravo!
After that, dear accompanied our dear princess till assembly time. Jovin's classmates showed much concern for her as they saw Jovin biting cotton wool in her mouth, unable to speak. Seeing Jovin settled down in the hall, dear then waved goodbye and left school.
At dismissal time, we went to fetch our princess. She was elated when she saw us. Thought she couldn't eat but guess what? She said she bought noodles for recess and was yearning to eat when she saw us. So, all was over! At night, she jotted down her first tooth extraction experience in her diary. It was indeed a scary experience for our princess. This was one of her sentences " I was very afraid of going to the dentist, so when I got there, I almost cried."
I'm proud of my little darling princess. I even kept the tooth to add onto my darling's 'FIRST' collections. I believe, all these items will serve as cherishable keepsake memories down the many years ahead.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment