Ever since Jovin's birth, I have had received compliments from friends that I'm really a dutiful mum as I still bother to do up scrap books, albums blog writing etc. With the addition of Jovan, I never laxed in my committment to my kids in this aspect. Today, I was buzzing around my 2 kids too and everything was done without James as he needed to take his CFA exam today. In the morning, I brought Jovan to take part in a neighbourhood baby show. We set off early in the morning around 8.30a.m. After milk feed and dressing up of my 2 little ones, mum accompanied me to Teck Ghee CC. There was such a big crowd. Mum managed Jovin whereby I had to run up and down for registration, queuing up for the competition etc. Jovan was the smallest among his category, but he still tried his best in doing whatever he was required to, like standing up by holding onto the chair, waving bye bye etc. However, he started to throw tantrums as he wanted to sleep, so he got ipatient. The second part required me to carry Jovan to the stage for a parade so as to show his chubbiness to the judges for cutest baby contest. The whole programme dragged till around 1 p.m. Though Jovan did not win, I'm glad he has had some exposure and I think he has done his best. That's the most important thing.
We reached home around 1.30p.m. I remembered there was a Barney Christmas performance at Lot one, Chua Chu Kang. Knowing my Jovin is an ardent Barney fan, I decided to bring her there. My mum commented I was really so solid as I don't even need rest after the buzz in the morning. Well , needed to be fair to my 2 mah. So after bathing Jovin, We headed for Lot One by MRT. It was a smooth trip and Jovin was very cooperative. She had ample sleep as she slept earlier when Jovan was competing. I was very exhausted and caught some sleep along the way. Jovin was so sweet and asked me ' Mummy, u are very tired? Ok, I will wake u up when we reach.' Hehe, I rested my hands on her lap and managed to rest. One interesting scene was, Jovin was wearing a mini tight skirt and was fidgeting around intially. I didn't understand why till she told me' Mummy, will the auntie oppposite peep at my panties?' I almost dropped my jaws and laughted it out aloud! Even the auntie opposite laughed! So, my little girl has grown! I took out her sweater and covered her thighs and she told me ' Mummy, Auntie cannot see Jovin's panties now.' Haha!
The show was at 4p.m. I bought Bossini kids tee and managed to redeem a Barney photo pass for her. We started queuing up from 3p.m onwards and Jovan actually had the patience to wait for an hour. The holding area was for kids only. So I told her to go in and watch by herself while I will wait for her by the side where she could see me too. Well, since my girl wants to wait for her idol, this dutiful mummy had to spend one hour to accompany her, though I was hungry like mad as I skipped my lunch.
When the show started, all the kids were so engrossed of course including my little princess too who was singing and humming along with Barney. Well, still don't understand what charm does Barney exude to make these kids craze over him?
After the show, we queued up for photo taking and Jovin was thrilled when she could hug and kiss Barney! I took several shots and we went for Ajisen Ramen after that and both of us had a great meal! Could see that Jovin was very happy and she even thanked me for bringing her to watch Barney hehe! Mum commented I was really energetic to bring Jovin all the way from Bishan to Choa Chu Kang just to bring Jovin watch Barney show. Well, to me, as long as it's within my means, I will definitely do it for my 2 loveable ones. Since I've already gone through so much to give birth to them, I must definitely adore these 2 precious gems of mine no matter how hard parenting is going to be :)
No comments:
Post a Comment