Last weekend was Mothers' Day. Before marriage, I used to have only one celebration for my own mummy. After marriage and birth, I now celebrate 3 mothers' day in a row, haha! As usual, we usually postpone my mum's celebration as this period coincides with the exam period. Thus, we will give mum a good treat after the kids are done with their exams. On Sat, House of 'Js' had a good breakfast at Macdonalds. As usual, Joivn was thrilled with fast food and happily ate the hashbrown and milo. The 4 of us had a casual and relaxed meal and Jovan was so hilarious at the way he ate his bread. His actions couldn't make us stop laughing. At home, James 'performed' better than usual and offered with some of the chores which I asked if the validity was only for the 2 days. He chuckled and didn't answer, must be guilty lah..... Nonetheless, good enough to have him commit for these 2 days.
For dinner, James intially wanted to bring me to Breeks, but told him I just wanted simple meal so we went to MOS which I love their Ebi burger and Jovin loves their Teriyaki chicken. I had not been to MOS for long and found the food splendid though it was normal simple fast food, but we didn't have to queue for long and there were ready seats. Saves the hassle. After some shopping, we went to Starbucks and got a good window seat. Jovan was sleeping and Jovin happily ran around, looking through the glass pane, enjoying all by herself while James and I had a great cuppa session.
Yesterday, we bought 2 bouquets of carnations for both our mothers. At night, we had dinner at Zhou's Kitchen restaurant at Square 2. Made a reservation earlier so there's no need to join in the long queue. However, Jovan wasn't that cooperative though. Perhaps he found my hubby's brother and his wife unfamiliar as they hardly meet, so he burst out and wailed so loudly that I had to bring him out twice before he's finally appeased. Jovan started to settle down after some warming up, eating of rice, bread etc. Jovin refused to eat initially too and only relented till I fed her. Sigh, that's the reason why mothers' day is always more popular than father's day cos kids cling onto mummies most of the time..... Jovin presented the bouquet to my mother-in-law and she was very delighted as Jovin gace her a big hug as well. After dinner, we went to buy a cake for my mum, thought of surprising her though the planned celebration is later. Alas, she was not at home. So I called her and realised she was at my uncle's place. Upon hearing we were back, could sense that mum was very touched and soon after, she returned home and Jovin immediatey presented the flowers to my mum. Hmmm, I believe all women, regardless of ages love to be fawned upon and receive flowers once in a while cos I saw the glee from both mothers when Jovin gave them the flowers. So hubby, u get the hint? Hehe....
We enjoyed the Oreo cake which hubby bought for mummy and me but Jovin was the one who enjoyed the most after all haha! It was a simple celebration but found it blissful. My most precious present was the flower that was done by Jovin and really touched my heart when she gave it to me on Fri after school. She exclaimed 'Happy Mummy's Day' and gave me a big hug and kiss. Nothing beats sweeter than this. Thks to all my lovely friends who flooded my phone with so many mother's days sms. Here's to wishing all a Happy Mothers' Day!
2 comments:
A real & complete Happy Family, Jacqueline. Stumbled upon your blog while on the search engine. Interesting one perhaps.. Mine is similar to yours but it's all about my lil' princess :)
Hi Selina, thks for the compliments. Entering motherhood is a challenging yet fulfiling task indeed. Bet we are both enjoying it. Happy parenting :)
Post a Comment