Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Eat, Shop & Be Merry!

X'mas mood has started to swing in for House of 'J's. We have been doing X'mas shopping, eating to our hearts content and make merry for the past week!

Sun 5 Dec 10 - City Square Mall

Last Sun, we treated my mum to a birthday dinner at Paradise Inn Restaurant which she simply loved it. Sis's family wasn't around to join in the celebration as they were away in Japan for holidays ( Sooooo...envious!) So brother and I arranged to treat mum to this restaurant which we felt that the food would be to mum's liking. We chose City Square outlet as we wanted to shop after dinner.



Mum gave thumbs up for the meal and after the sumptous meal, the kids had fun at the fountain area. Then we brought the kids to the bubble area where there was a bubble show and the kids immeresed themselves in bubble fun! We browsed through the shops and soon, we decided to move on separately as parents wanted to go home first.



So the House of 'J's continued to venture. I chanced upon a scrapbook making shop and bought more stickers and materials for my 3 weeks holiday project for my little 'J's. I also settled my X'mas gifts for my 2 great pals whom I would be meeting on Tue night. It has been half a year since we last met. Really so excited. Though busy, we never fail to meet up during X'mas season for our annual get-together and gift exchange. They were my comrades in my last workplace and my forever best jiemeis!

Wed 8 Dec 10 - Marina Square

I happened to have no lessons. Thus, decided to bring the kids for their favourite Hi-5 show. The crowd was horrendous, though still better than normal weekends. We queued almost 30-45mins just to ensure our kids get the best seats, but too bad we still couldn't get the photo passes. Dear decided to carry Jovan on his shoulders, so Jovin went in the stage area alone and enjoyed her up close and personal opportunity with the Hi-5 group.



As usual, the kids were hyper when the group appeared on the stage as though some superstar have descended from heaven. Our kids too joined in the wailings and shoutings. I even heard whistles from the bigger kids! However, to us, it was indeed an eye-opener too, but I doubt we crazed over all these during our younger days? Mine was Smurfs? Every Sun, without fail, I would standby in front of the TV for the smurfs cartoon. That's what I can recall and nothing crazier things, I guess. Times have changed.....

After the 4pm show, we started our main agenda-shopping! Bought items from Action city and our kids entertained themselves with the interesting gadgets on sale. Jovan was not as apprehensive as before and even allowed one of the shop assistants to carry him! As dear took care of the kids at the shop, I sneaked out to the shop beside Action City i.e my PRECIOUS MOMENTS! Guess what? I settled my membership renewal, as sponsored by my dear hubby in his wedding vow in 2005 and I bought a limited edition figurine. This figurine only comes in 2000 pieces worldwide, and it's only for sale in Singapre. That's what makes it valuable. When faced with Precious Moments, I'm truly uncontrollable and couldn't stop $$$$ from flowing out of my pockets hehe.So I ended up becoming $220 poorer when I walked out of the shop but I'm happy spiritually. That's what it matters. Moreover, I've been so hardworking in my studies, so treat that as a reward for myself haha!



As we walked, we gathered more X'mas gift ideas. We exchanged the receipt for a $10 voucher and a Hi-5 cushion! The kids were thrilled! We spent the voucher straight away at Andersons Ice-cream and waffle-ice-cream was our fave pick as usual. Strawberries and cream, yummy!

It's really a wonderful feeling to shop, eat and be merry. That's our agenda for rest of the weeks. More X'mas gatherings, presents, great food......The thought of these make me excited. Counting down to X'mas!

No comments: