Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Date With the Barbie!

Last Thursday, I took half day leave and brought Jovin to the Barbie holiday show at Raffles City. It was an unplanned event as my appointment planned for the afternoon was cancelled last minute. After a great lunch treat at Serangoon Gardens by my staff, I was on my way back home when my dearest princess called and asked when I would be home to bring her for the show as I had told my mum beforehand over the phone. It was only 1.30p.m then. She was all ready to go and dressed up to the nines by my mum. It was around 2.30p.m when I reached home and my dear girl pestered me to the bathroom for a quick shower and we hurriedly set off again.



The show was at 4p.m and the mrt ride was cosy and relaxing. It's so manageable bringing Jovin alone, hehe. We soon reached Raffles City and there was a queue already formed although it was a weekday and we were half an hour earlier! However, realised I made a mistake. 4p.m was the meet and greet session and 7 p.m was the performance. However, the meet and greet session was an eye-opener for Jovin too. Like other kids, she was eagerly waiting for her Barbie princess to appear on stage and even danced to the Barbie song rhythm!





The compere soon appeared on stage and there was a simple Q and A session which Jovin wanted so much to go on stage to answer the questions. However, she was a bit slower than rest of the bigger kids. She envied them as there were free prizes given away. However, she got a free Barbie sticker sheet too when Barbie finally appeared on stage. Well, to Jovin, Barbie is just another princess. She's not crazy over the princess like Hi-5 or Barney but she just loves the way Barbie is being dressed. I took a beautiful photo of my girl with the Barbie characters and Jovin was very satisfied. After the meet and greet session, we went for some window shopping and Jovin posed beautifully for me with the X'mas decor.



We even tried on a princess pink party dress for her as she really loves being dressed up like one. See the grin on her face.. But eventually I didn't buy for her as she already has a party dress and I didn't want to spend unnecessarily on that again. Jovin was a good girl and obediently put back the dress after the fitting session. We went on to another shop and had fun trying on a pair of pink shades which looked antique haha. Mother and daughter had a fun time trying on different clothes and accessories. We had a great time.



As it approached dinner time, I brought Jovin to Toa Payoh where we met Daddy after work. However, dear came late and I had a great Japanese bento dinner with Jovin at the food court. My dear princess finished the whole kiddy Teriyaki chicken set all by herself. Guess she must be famished... Look at the staisfying look on her face.

By the time we left, it was already 7.30p.m and our dear princess fell asleep in the car. I really enjoy such exclusive moments with my girl. Realised she has really grown up and starts to exude the feminie side of her as she learns to fancy accessories etc. Looks like Jovin really has my genes haha. Looking forward to more of such bonding sessions with my kids as I will be on leave for the majority of Dec. Yippie!

No comments: