Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Happy 6th ROM anniversary!



Finally back from Bangkok after the 4D3N rewarding trip! The flight timings were very good and we really had almost 4 full days of shopping cos it was unexpectedly early when we began on our shopping spree the first day we touched down at Bangkok. I remembered it was around 12.30p.m ( BKK timing) when we began to shop. Everything was very smooth. However, the minor hiccup upon arrival was that, there was some minor miscommunication on the meeting point for the airport transfer. Luckily, we managed to meet the person in charge from the travel agency and the ride to the hotel was smooth.



After a long 9 years, Dear and I are finally back to the shopping paradise. I felt so excited. I still remebered we took mainly cabs and tuktuks when we were here last round. However, this time round, BTS i.e MRT was our main mode of transportation tool. Before embarkation, we have already made some markings on our map and had an idea of our itinerary for the trip. We explored huge shopping malls like Siam Paragon, Siam Discovery Centre. These malls were similar to our Orchard ION where u find all the branded shops like LV. Of course, our buys were not from such places since the prices are comparable to Singapore. However, we bought a lot of Thomas the Train toy parts like connectors, tracks, police posts etc as these pricing were about 20% cheaper than in Singapore. Guess what? We bought almost $150 worth of such parts cos Dear said he wanted to construct a 3 storey high railway track for the kids haha....


Besides high class shopping malls, needless to say, our bulk purchases were from budget and famous weekend chatuchak market, ladies platinum mall and MBK! We really broke the record of shopping at chatuchak market from 9.45a.m till 4p.m! It was really hot and sweaty but we really bagged so much goodies back. I think we did conquer almost all the stalls there. Dear and I saw some couples bringing young kids and even babies! Really kudos to them! Imagine we brought our little 'J's along. think we would surrender within an hour. We sought cooling refuge at a coffee house for some cool freezy drinks and really felt so cooling. As for MBK and Platinum mall, dear and I split up and shopped for individual items. At Platinum, the goods sold were mostly for ladies, thus dear had a good time at Black Canyon coffee with his PSP haha while I conquered the 6 storey high shopping mall.



We also visited Suan Lum night bazzar. However, the crowd wasn't that much but still a tourist spot after all with the same range of goods sold. We didn't manage to buy much from there though, merely browsing and eating at the food market.





As for food, we enjoyed almost every meal. The first meal was unforgettable. We had lunch nect to Siam Paragon where there was a temporary food fair set up and we bought chicken rice, noodles, fried rice etc at very cheap reasonable pricing! The rice only cost $2 each but tasted great! However, the worst meal was at MBK foodcourt. Really regretted perhaps due to wrong orders. Initially we wanted to order room service at night as we felt hungry but in the end, we were too tired from the shopping that we forgone that and slept with growling tummies haha.



One of the unforgettable dining experiences was at Sukiyaki where we had grilled food to mark our ROM anniversary. Had scallop, tiger prawns, beef etc. Really tasty....


Another highlight of the trip was, I managed to convince dear to take on massage with me.



The first night we went for massaging, he merely accompanied me while I enjoyed it. Dear is one who doesn't fancy and is rather sensitive to such sessions.He had some reservations due to our last massaging session at Taiwan. However, his feet were really aching so much the second day that he decided to join me for the massage. As I did pre-empt the massager that dear is very scared of pain, dear fedback he enjoyed the session a lot as the massager was very skillful and could detect when dear seemed a bit uncomfortable as he massaged certain acupoints.



We returned with 2 additional bags. But this time round, all of us were rewarded handsomely, not only the kids. We bought clothings, belts, toys etc. Really a worthwhile trip indeed and I was the happiest cos I even did professional manicure and pedicure at Bangkok on the last day before we left for a mere $30! The trip was indeed enjoyable and we really cherished the couple moments together. It further bonnded dear and I together. My parents brought Jovin to fetch us at the airport and our princess was so elated to see us. We rushed to her as we came out and could tell she really missed us a lot. However, thks to my sis who brought her to East Coast Park over the weekend and kept her occupied. As for Jovan, he happily jumped and hugged us when we fetched him from in-laws place the next day.



Vacations are always wonderful. Our next short getaway would be 4D3N trip to Sunway Lagoon. Dear abd I really love the ROM anniversary celebration this year. Time really flies... Dear, thks for being a great hubby and daddy all these years. I really cherish it :)

No comments: